Tuesday, April 27, 2010

torn torn torn

since i lost hard at my ebay auction for a promo Ice Cube Predator shirt, i'm soothing the material urge with one of these two beauties. but which one???





i'm narrowing down a cultivated steez to Sagittarius arrow honor and early 90's hip hop honor. the world needs to know, without having to ask, that this is what i'm about!



aaaaaaaaaaand THIS

Traits of a Sagittarius:

* Fun
* Optimist
* Good-natured
* Sociable
* Spiritual
* Impatient
* Fears responsibility
* Self-indulgence
* Fanaticism
* Peter Pan syndrome
* Tendency to gamble

Likes...

* Freedom
* Unusual ideas
* Being on the move
* Parties
* Luxury items
* Gambling
* New friends
* Flirting

Dislikes...

* Public disapproval
* Playing safe
* Confinement
* Monotony
* Tight clothes/areas
* Being doubted
* Being refused

or some approximation of that. emphasis on FREEDOM. i actually like tight ass jeans.

6 comments:

  1. I used to have a Lethal Injection promo shirt. It was huge. If I ever get a copy of the episode of Springer I went to, I was wearing it that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most of these are fairly accurate in my case as a Sagittarius. Except I hate gambling and wouldn't say I "like" flirting. I also tend to play it safe but don't like it. Where did you find these?

    ReplyDelete
  3. steve those are pretty much the universal Sagittarius traits. freedom and constant movement are central to the Sag character. it's why the arrow is the mark of the sign--forever on the go. i certainly don't think astrology is the end all be all but i can't help but to identify STRONGLY with what the stars seems to say about me and i'm mostly entertained by it. i used to get really down on myself when it was apparent that i'm just not into commitment (sorry 90's hardcore) and considered myself "flighty" but i realized that there's nothing "wrong" with going through life that way. i think the common social opinion is that there's something wrong with that, but that's because we have a fucked up idea of what dependability and responsibility really mean in our culture. not to mention that the concepts of right vs. wrong aren't real but that's another mouthful for another day.
    man, i'm so not into gambling though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ok. I never really pay much attention to astrology, but some of those things are fairly accurate. Have you ever taken the MBTI? I'm always really interested in peoples results. I also have a strange fear of commitment, but that mostly seems to be in terms of making plans ahead of time.

    Unrelated, but I saw a Curve shirt at this vintage shop in Grand Rapids the other day and it made me think of you. I thought about buying it but it was pretty hideous and XL so it would take a bunch of tailoring for me to wear a shirt I didn't find that cool. But it was rad to see a Curve shirt floating around cause I've never seen one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i don't think i've heard of a MBTI!? sound fun!

    Curve had some fuggly shirts! i'm always looking for a less repulsive one but i think that search is doomed.

    i need to go back to Grand Rapids really soon b/c it's like the mecca of good finds. i scored huge at a mom and pop record shop out there a few years ago. found a Wrecking Crew lp with an old Santa Cruz sticker on it, the Gastuck LP which is worth a bunch of money (bought it b/c they were japanese, had Pushead cover art and it was 2 bucks), and a bunch of good metal and crossover records.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Give this one a whirl - http://sminds.com/mbti/

    Let me know if you go up to Grand Rapids again sometime, I'll go along. There was a record store near the venue my friends played that was pretty rad, but i didn't buy anything cause I was broke. They had a Pale Saints 12" EP I didn't buy. There was also another record store down the street that looked like a serious hole in the wall that may have some awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete