3 weddings, 3 consecutive weekends. florida, wisconsin, north carolina. i love to travel but this wasn't as loose as it normally goes and certainly not as loose as i'd normally favor. schedules, dresses, make-up....fun for about 1/8 of a minute then tiresome and kind of gross. matt and i both commented at this last of the 3 that the whole "wedding process" and beach experience made us feel like impostors; we had no business being there or showing "support" and just felt uncomfortable. selfish i guess, but honest i guess as well?
last weekend joined this handsome inhuman human in north carolina for his dad's side cousin's wedding. beach wedding #2 this summer. very baptist, but very easy to look beyond since the groom was the happiest, most gleefully anticipatory i've ever seen.
how unbearably cute is this new breed of christianity? the "god said it's okay for me to play god" variety. i just can't get enough i tell ya. even better....SPONSORED BY OUR VERY OWN MILITARY!!!!
i stood up in my childhood friend Nick's wedding this past weekend. So, based on that I think I'm good for the next year or so. Weddings take a lot of me. A few years back I went to 3 weddings in 3 months and it felt like a bit much. If that happens again, I might have to let a nice gift from Bed, Bath and Beyond do all the talking for me, you know?
ReplyDelete