Sunday, April 12, 2009

24 hours

finally got the haircut I've wanted. had to grow my hair out for awhile to get there and consequently look like a mom of four. feels like a million bucks though maybe jocking tegan or maybe jocking sara. who can tell them apart anyway?
went to Dekalb to see Dinosaur Jr. at Otto's. I'm really uncomfortable in that town anymore.
Awesome Color opened. they're easily three times more exciting live than on record.
reminded me of two things...
1. Matt driving me to work in the morning when i lived in Uptown. we'd listen to that s/t record on tape in his Camry nearly every day.
2. Violent Ramp. totally forgot 2/3 of Awesome Color were in that band until they reminded the crowd that they're from Detroit. what a great 7" that I'll have to unearth this week.
bad shot of a fun time.
Dino were fantastic.
i truly think J. has aged into one seriously handsome dude. that's what i want when I'm 50. i didn't go to see them when they played the Abbey (two years ago?) because it was mostly going to be You're Living All Over Me stuff and though that's obviously a phenomenal record, I'm a sucker for the mid-career stuff that was relevant to my generation and my youth. Bug, Green Mind and of course Where You Been. but they played "Out There" and "Freak Scene"; stock songs but i was happy.

spent the morning at Mindy's taking Etsy photos and playing around. I wish we lived closer so we could do this all the time.

2 comments:

  1. How did I not see you at Dino Jr?

    Dekalb is weird. That show was weird. It was half people who were into them and half people looking for something to do on a Friday night.

    ReplyDelete